Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The SIS... U don't know The SIS ?!

"Farmers practising pastoralism do this for two means: income of course, but also passion. Consequently, their life can be highly socially affected by new environmental constraints such as the conflicts with wildlife"

"Misconceptions in the general opinion as well as for farmers about wolf create tensions that can be solved by a greater spread of information for every stakeholders and by increasing public and ecologist organisations' participation in the development of management plans."

Well, this is what came out from my intense thinking today, and that are now my "theories" or "concepts" I will discuss in my thesis report. Now, I need to argue why and how, and more important, I need to show those generalisations can be transferred to other cases and are not only applicable for the problem of wolves in France. Which leads me to quote Lincoln and Guba, in Gomm et al. (2000):

"Case studies are working hypotheses whose appropriatness from understanding other cases can only be assessed by comparing the fit - the similarities - between source and target cases.'

Oh my god !!!!

Listening today:
Nothing yet !!!

Listening later:
Bloc Party
Bloc Party
Bloc Party